RSS

Question by jroyen: Can u use liquid nail to adhere ceramic tile to concrete slab if normal tile cement won’t dry & adhere right?
I originally laid the tiles with the recommended tile mud but even after 1 full month of drying, a majority of them are not drying, some are loose, cracking the grout so that I have to pull them back up. I used Liquid Nail on two last night to test if they would hold better. I have about 17 loose tiles that I need to pull up and repair. Any suggestions?

Best answer:

Answer by willhemina31
Most glues have the same ingredients. If the nail stuff or crazy glue works better, use it.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

11 Responses to “Can u use liquid nail to adhere ceramic tile to concrete slab if normal tile cement won’t dry & adhere right?”

1. needstochill says:

Yes, go get some LiquidNails construction adhesive, that **** dries hard and will adhere to clean prepared concrete, wire brush the concrete before hand and remove all the dust. Then affix tiles, allow then to cure, then grout as you want. hope this turns out good. Good luck!

2. jeff the drunk says:

Ah ha.. I had a similar problem a few months ago. I had some capstones put onto a block wall in my back yard. One in particular became loose and ended up me needing to find a solution to get it to go back. I’m not good with cement, mortar etc… So I went on a search for some sorta adhesive. I thought about liquid nails too, but I found out it worked better with wood and for more lightweight applications. So I was told. But I found something at Target that wactually worked perfectly. You can pick it up at Lowes, Home Depot, etc….

Trust me, this stuff works best. It also dries clear, and is weather proof.

3. ralph says:

you probably used mastic, the premixed stuff. The stuff chemically dries (supposedly) but i too have found it wet after long periods of time. No, never use liquid nails. Use a latex modified thinset, the dry kind you have to mix with water. Regrout after two days. i bet if you popped u a few more tiles you would find that they mostly all are loose. I suggest you fix the problem now and use real thinset.

4. rheins2000 says:

My goodness, no.

Use a thin set mortar on concrete applications. You can use your same notched trowel.

5. hail damage repair cost says:

Your site is excellent. I m gonna come back again, gracias.

6. Velvet Subijano says:

Some really interesting points you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for :D.

7. Smithf235 says:

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. Ill make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. dcaefbafgcgedbeb

8. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on several websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

9. I’ve been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article
    like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally,
    if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you
    did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

10. Tamara Kousonsavath says:

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

11. Smithc167 says:

I’m glad that it turned out so effectively and I hope it will continue in the future because it is so worthwhile and meaningful to the community. ddgdafdbggkedkfe