RSS

Question by jroyen: Can u use liquid nail to adhere ceramic tile to concrete slab if normal tile cement won’t dry & adhere right?
I originally laid the tiles with the recommended tile mud but even after 1 full month of drying, a majority of them are not drying, some are loose, cracking the grout so that I have to pull them back up. I used Liquid Nail on two last night to test if they would hold better. I have about 17 loose tiles that I need to pull up and repair. Any suggestions?

Best answer:

Answer by willhemina31
Most glues have the same ingredients. If the nail stuff or crazy glue works better, use it.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

6 Responses to “Can u use liquid nail to adhere ceramic tile to concrete slab if normal tile cement won’t dry & adhere right?”

1. needstochill says:

Yes, go get some LiquidNails construction adhesive, that **** dries hard and will adhere to clean prepared concrete, wire brush the concrete before hand and remove all the dust. Then affix tiles, allow then to cure, then grout as you want. hope this turns out good. Good luck!

2. jeff the drunk says:

Ah ha.. I had a similar problem a few months ago. I had some capstones put onto a block wall in my back yard. One in particular became loose and ended up me needing to find a solution to get it to go back. I’m not good with cement, mortar etc… So I went on a search for some sorta adhesive. I thought about liquid nails too, but I found out it worked better with wood and for more lightweight applications. So I was told. But I found something at Target that wactually worked perfectly. You can pick it up at Lowes, Home Depot, etc….

Trust me, this stuff works best. It also dries clear, and is weather proof.

3. ralph says:

you probably used mastic, the premixed stuff. The stuff chemically dries (supposedly) but i too have found it wet after long periods of time. No, never use liquid nails. Use a latex modified thinset, the dry kind you have to mix with water. Regrout after two days. i bet if you popped u a few more tiles you would find that they mostly all are loose. I suggest you fix the problem now and use real thinset.

4. rheins2000 says:

My goodness, no.

Use a thin set mortar on concrete applications. You can use your same notched trowel.

5. hail damage repair cost says:

Your site is excellent. I m gonna come back again, gracias.

6. Velvet Subijano says:

Some really interesting points you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for :D.